Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dubai Mall

So this is starting to get a little out of order. I was trying to make this very sequential, however, I am so behind on my blogging that that's not going to happen. I want to dedicate this next post to my adventures today. I went with my roommate and two friends of ours to the Dubai Mall for the first time.
First off, if you don't already know Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world. And huge it is. If you can image a store, Dubai Mall has it. Today we walked around for 9 hours, and we still didn't quite make it to every section. One of the great things about Dubai Mall is that it connects to the Dubai Metro. The only issue is the walk seems to take hours, but at least you are walking in the cool comfort of air conditioning. The average temperature this time of year is around 105 Fahrenheit. If that doesn't sound hot enough then keep in mind that it is very humid here and the temperature feels more like 115! This is not to discourage you though, for I am an avid complainer about extreme temperatures. So if I can get used to it in as little as two weeks anyone can.
The most exciting part of our trip was most likely the Dubai Mall Underwater Zoo, or better recognized as an aquarium. It is located right smack in the middle of the mall. Pictures will be posted soon. I will try not to give too much away, because truly I feel that in order to enjoy it as much as I did you need to experience the mall aquarium first hand. Basically the aquarium is two stories and contains everything from clown fish to sharks. They also have a reptile exhibit, which my roommate and I enjoyed thoroughly. The highlight of the excursion was definitely the underwater tunnel. There we were able to view the massive fish tank for underneath the fish. It was truly an amazing sight. And yes, I did take a selfie with a shark.
The next part of our trip was viewing the Fountain show which the mall puts on every half an hour. Outside of the mall is a gigantic fountain that lights up at light. Every thirty minutes music starts blaring and a beautiful water show is put on for all to see. The sight is quite amazing, especially once you notice that the Burj Khafila is towering over you. The Burj Khalifa is the worlds tallest building. It is absolutely breathtaking. The building stands at 584 meters, which is approx. 1,916 feet. The building is intricately designed to appear as a flower when seen from an aerial view. The show was great and its pretty safe to say that Dubai Mall is just as magnificent as it seems.
   

1 comment:

  1. Burj Al Arab is nestled on an island with a remarkable sail-shaped building. It has become the iconic symbol of Dubai. Watching Burj Al Arab Pictures and wondering

    ReplyDelete