Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Decision

It is December of 2012. And I am beginning to realize just how confined and isolated I felt being cooped up in the cold and dark atmosphere of Rochester, New York. I was extremely lonely, and beginning to feel as though RIT was not the place I was meant to spend my next five years. The day then came that a simple presentation was given by a few classmates of mine on the booming technological hub for innovation, also known as Dubai. My mind was blown upon learning of such things as the man made islands, and the tallest building in the world (the Burj Khalifa). What really stuck out at me was the city located just outside of Dubai called Masdar City. A city entirely fueled by natural, renewable energy. Currently I am studying Mechanical Engineering Technology and am entering my second year at RIT. I have always had a passion for traveling. When I learned that I could seize the opportunity of studying abroad in Dubai I knew I had to. The more information I discovered on Dubai the more my excitement escalated, so much so that I finally decided mid-second quarter that I had to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment